Above special is subject to our standard terms and conditions as outlined below and can be withdrawn at any time without notice. We reserve the right to limit quantities and restrictions based on areas we cover and don't cover.
1. General Conduct
Online Driving (Pty) Ltd herein after referred to as Online Driving Academy and "We", "They", "Us", "We", "Our" instructors will always be courteous, polite, tidy and punctual. They will also behave in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Our cars will be well maintained, clean and tidy. It will also be fitted with tracking/monitoring devices and properly insured as driving instructors vehicles. Any claims made against Online Driving (Pty) Ltd as the result of an accident will be restricted to the terms of the insurance policy which is current at the time of the incident. Details of the policy will be made available on request. All cars are no Smoking areas.
2. Qualifications -
All instructors are properly trained and qualified PGWC Approved driving instructors. This involves passing certain tests and Criminal Record Bureau checks. Some instructors are qualified moderators and assessors.
3. Course Materials -
We may from time to time make certain books, videos and other information available from this website. It is the responsibility of the student or purchaser to make sure they consider the materials useful and appropriate.
4. Driving License and Eyesight - The learner must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full), which must be produced on each lesson. The learner must also check that they can read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres (i.e. 67 feet - about 5 car lengths) with glasses if normally worn.
5. Payments Please note:
We request that payment be made in advance of any lesson starting. Payment can be done securely from this website, via card in any of our vehicles, Cash to instructor, EFT or directly in our ABSA cheque account. We also request that payment for discounted block bookings(packages) are paid in full before lessons start. Please note: the deposit or any subsequent training fees paid are not refundable in the event you decide to cancel the training once the booking has been accepted by Online Driving Academy and a start date agreed. At this point we will have a binding agreement. This does not in any way affect your statutory rights to be provided with the goods and services you have bought.
6. Lesson Postponement or Cancellation - 24 hr notice of a cancellation is required to avoid a lesson fee however if we can easily obtain additional work for any individual lessons cancelled, we do not ask for payment. If its not possible to rebook the time set aside for your lesson we do ask you pay for your lesson. We do reserve the right to postpone lessons if we consider the weather or road conditions are unsuitable or dangerous. We cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of having to postpone any lessons, for whatever reason.
7. The Driving Test
a) Driving/Learners tests can only be booked by you in person. Driving test bookings always take priority over other lessons. Therefore, your lesson may be postponed to allow for someone else's driving test and vice-versa. Changes to lesson bookings as a result of this will be notified immediately. We would request to be notified immediately as soon as a driving Test has been booked all future lessons have to be booked around it; If sufficient notice is not given the availability of a vehicle for the test can not be guaranteed.
b) Use of the vehicle In the interests of customer and public safety We reserve the right to withhold the use of our cars for the test if, in our opinion, your driving is actually or potentially dangerous.
c) Test cancellation
The DLTC requires three clear working days notice of cancellation or postponement of your test. Failure to provide the required notice will result in the loss of your test fee. We cannot be held responsible for any postponement or cancellation of tests by you or the DLTC for any reason.
8. Punctuality -
In their own interest learners are advised to be punctual for lesson appointments. Our instructors would normally wait for a maximum of 15 minutes before the full lesson would be abandoned and the lesson fee forfeited or become due for payment. A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if one of our instructors are delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. Any lesson time lost as a result of this would be made up by me either at the end of the normal lesson time if possible or at a later date.
9. Learner Comfort and Safety
In the interests of comfort and safety, learners are advised to wear suitable footwear and clothing which does not restrict movement. Learners must also take note of any medication they are taking that may affect their ability to drive safely and inform their instructor accordingly before taking any lesson booked.
10. Complaints - In the event of a complaint We will make all efforts to resolve the problem directly. However, please do not let a problem linger notify, Adrid Lawrence (Head Instructor) via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or 021 705 3327 or 083 412 1105 immediately.
11. Your statutory rights - These terms and conditions will not reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or incorrectly described goods or services provided. If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact:
Office of the Consumer Protector:
Waldorf Arcade, 80 St George's Mall, Cape Town, 8001